What is MY SCHOOL DC?
My School DC is the District’s common applicaiton and publich school lottery for DC Public Schools (DCPS) and many public charter schools. Families can now apply to schools using one application and participate in a single, random lottery. The My School DC is an online-only application accessible at MySchoolDC.org.
Who needs to Apply?
Submit a My School DC lottery application if your child will be a NEW student at a:
- Participating public charter school;
- DCPS school outside your boundary pattern;
- PreK3 or PreK4 program at any DCPS school, including your in-boundary school;
School Year 2018-19 Key Dates
- December 9, 2017: EdFest
- December 11, 2017: Lottery application opens
- February 1, 2018: Application Deadline (grades 9-12)
- March 1, 2018: Application deadline (grades PreK3-8)
- March 30, 2018: Lottery results are available
- May 1, 2018: Enrollment deadline