Imagine Hope’s Lamond Campus opened in 2007 at 6200 Kansas Avenue NE, in the Lamond-Riggs neighborhood. The completely renovated school provides a bright, clean, and safe learning environment for students from PreK3 through 5th grade. Spacious classrooms, a large cafeteria, a gated outdoor playground, and a cozy reading center are some of the features students enjoy at Imagine Hope Lamond.
About Hope Lamond
It is our vision to create a school environment that helps students gain confidence and hope for their futures, as they acquire a sense of joy and satisfaction that comes through diligent effort and attention to their daily work.
In Spring of 2017, Hope Community PCS-Lamond was recommended to became a national accredited school through Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. During this process, our school underwent a rigorous self-study to look at every aspect of our school.
School Quality Report
For schools serving PreK through grade five, DC PCSB has implemented a new Performance Management Framework (PMF) to assess academic performance. This framework includes data for students in all grades. Please click HERE to view our School Quality Report.
- A professional staff and content-rich curriculum that challenges students at all levels to achieve.
- Small communities within the school that enable students to form strong relationships with their peers and adults.
- A welcoming and respectful environment for each family, and opportunities for families to be involved in many aspects of the school.
- An emphasis on each student’s positive character development through role-modeling, curricular emphasis, and community service.
- Financial accountability and stewardship of resources in a way that enables our school to be sustainable.
Content – Rich Curriculum
Through the adoption of the Core Knowledge sequence, we provide students with an integrated educational approach that places a heavy emphasis on the arts, music, and literature, in addition to the core subjects that are traditionally covered.
We teach students the importance of community by working alongside parents/guardians, our partners and decision makers, and community members in pursuit of our mission.
A Culture that Shapes Character
We consciously work to nurture the character of each student through a staff that teaches and models excellence and the establishment of character-forming rituals and traditions.