Inclement Weather Policy
In the event that a snowstorm or other inclement weather presents a risk to our faculty, staff, scholars, or visitors traveling to or from the campus, the administration will make a determination about whether to close, delay opening or initiate an early release.
The closing of our campus is a procedure that differs depending on the timing of the decision to close and the expected length and severity of the weather incident. The essential factor in the decision is the safety of our faculty, staff, scholars and visitors.
If we experience a 2-hour delay, scholars are to report to school at 10:00 am. There will also be no early risers program on that morning. Also, office phones will not be answered on the morning of a delay.
In the event of a school closing, we will post information on our homepage (www. HopeCommunitycs.org), a phone blast will be sent to parents via our school messenger, test push on mySchool app, and the following TV stations and corresponding websites will display a message: News Channel 8, ABC7, NBC4 & FOX5. Our school will appear as Hope Community Public Charter School – Tolson and Lamond Campuses.
*Please make sure your child’s teacher has an updated phone number, so we can reach you in the event of an early school closing. In addition, we need at least two emergency contact numbers on file.