Imagine Hope Tolson is participating in an exciting program that encourages students in grades K through 6 to read for fun. Read to Succeed is a free program sponsored by Six Flags Theme Parks. Every student who completes six hours of recreational reading before January 15, 2016, is eligible for a free admission ticket valid at one of the participating Six Flags Theme Parks. Students will develop a greater appreciation for books when they see that you think reading is important too. You are sure to have fun as you investigate the world of reading together!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Only students in grades K through 6 are eligible to participate.
- Review the attached reading log. Your child should use this sheet to record what and how long he/she reads.
- Your child must complete six hours, or 360 minutes, of recreational reading.
- Please initial each entry and then sign the reading log to verify that the six hours of reading has been completed.
- Your child can read books, magazines, newspapers, or comic books. Reading for homework or a class assignment does NOT count.
- Students can read silently, aloud, or with an adult—you can read to your child, or your child can read to you.
- Remind your child to return the reading log to his/her teacher by the date on the log.
- Late entries will NOT be accepted.
About the Tickets
- Tickets will be awarded to students by their teacher/coordinator.
- The ticket is valid for admission to one Six Flags theme park on select dates only during the 2015 season. Park name and valid dates will be printed on the tickets.
- Tickets are valid for students in grades K-6 only and are not valid for anyone over the age of 13. No exceptions.
- Each ticket is valid for one free admission only.
- Tickets are not for resale and are nontransferable.
- They cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
We hope that you and your child enjoy this free program and spend time reading together over the Winter Break. Please return the reading log to his/her teacher by:
Friday, January 15, 2016
Click HERE for the Winter Reading Challenge Log